Saturday, April 11, 2015

April Catch Up

A terrific Easter break in Portugal with William Yeats, Frances Leviston and Emily Dickinson for company. The library in Rio Maior is named for Ruy Belo, the existentialist poet. I always forget to explore his work until I'm out there.  

Birthday wishes from my brother in St Kilda, Australia.


And an excellent treatment of my poem 'Handicap' by Sofia Buonvino.




Thanks guys!



There's a lot to look forward to in the next few months. In June I'll be walking the Marazion to Coverack legs of the Cornish coastal path as part of Becki Nevin's Wonderlust project - more details here. It's reminiscent of Simon Armitage's Walking Home/Walking Away projects, which I was also lucky enough to take part in, though with a more communal bent and including a variety of different artists. You can help with the crowdfunding here.


My Story Door project in Exeter has wrapped up, with a book launch at Exeter children's library in March. We are nearing completion of the parallel book by students at Ellacombe Academy in Torquay, which promises to be terrific! Can't wait for the launch later this month! I'm also hoping to get another more poetry-themed project off the ground in the summer term. 


A few publications - I've a review of Josh Ekroy's first collection in the new Interpreter's House while Tears in the Fence has a poem inspired by a character in Penelope Shuttle and Peter Redgroves' The Terrors of Dr Treviles.

I'm also glad to have a poem republished in Orange Coast Review by Davi Loren. I first placed a poem there back in the day. I only wish I could make the launch party.



Happy Easter!




No comments: